9201 University City Blvd ● Charlotte, NC 28223-0001 ● 15107345375 ● firstname.lastname@example.org
· Invited summer school speaker. Will give a series of lectures on stochastic multiscale systems, Univ. of Crete, Greece, June 2009
· Univ. of Victoria & PIMS, Canada. July 21-23 2008, invited speaker in workshop on ”Stochastic and probabilistic methods for atmosphere, ocean and climate dynamics”
· Univ. of Victoria & PIMS, Canada. July 14-18 2008, delivered 3 invited workshop lectures on “Monte Carlo Simulations and Numerical Methods for stochastic differential equations” in the summer school ”Stochastic & Probabilistic Methods in Ocean-Atmosphere Dynamics”
· Representing the College of Arts and Sciences at UNCC at Mallard Creek high school, Invited Talk, to the graduating class related to careers in science, May 15, 2008.
· University of Delaware, Web-casted Mini-course Invited workshop speaker, Multiscale modeling and simulation of Hybrid (deterministic-stochastic) systems. URL: http://www.che.udel.edu/ccst/Dion_Short_Course/Short_Course.html, February 2006
· Invited speaker and participant for NSF Focused Research Group (FRG), March 2-5, 2009, Univ. of Maryland, College Park. Participation to this meeting is only by invitation.
· Texas A&M, dept. of math., invited speaker, Nov. 2008.
· Univ. of Texas, dept. of math., invited speaker, Nov. 2008.
· Imperial College London, Invited lecture, July 23-25, 2007, “Stochastic modeling and simulation of multi-lane traffic”.
· Univ. of Sussex, Invited seminar speaker, Mar. 6-10 2007, “Multi-scale modeling for deterministic/stochastic systems”, Sussex, UK.
· Univ. of North Carolina, Invited seminar speaker, Feb. 27-Mar. 1, 2007, “Closures for coupled systems with both deterministic and stochastic pieces”, Charlotte, NC.
· Florida International University, Invited seminar speaker, Feb. 11-13, 2007, “Analysis and numerical simulations for stochastic-deterministic systems”, Miami, FL.
· Univ. of Akron, Invited seminar speaker, Feb 6-8, 2007, “Closures and numerical solutions for multi-scale systems”, Akron, OH.
· Oklahoma State Univ., Invited seminar speaker, Jan 28-30, 2007, “Multi-scale closures for deterministic/stochastic coupled systems”, Stillwater, OK.
· Brown University, Dept. of Math., Invited seminar speaker, Oct. 13 2006, “Multiscale modeling and simulations for deterministic/stochastic coupled systems”, Providence, RI.
· Florida State University, Invited Speaker, workshop Numerics for Stochastic Differential Equations with Applications, Feb. 26-March 2, 2006, Tallahassee, Florida.
· Technical University of Dresden, Invited colloquium speaker, Jan. 6-10, 2006. Title: "Stochastic Trafic Flow Modeling", Dresden, Germany.
· University of Crete, Greece, Dec 7-12, 2005. Invited colloquium speaker. Title: "Multiscale modeling and simulation of hybrid (deterministic-stochastic) systems", Chania, Greece.
· University of New Orleans. Invited colloquium speaker. April 2003. Title: “Formal Asymptotic models of vehicular traffic”, New Orleans, LA
· Oberwolfach, Germany. Invited speaker. Asymptotic and Numerical Methods for Kinetic Equations, April 2001. Title: On the Fermi pencil beam equations.
· Colloquium invited speaker, Univ. of Texas at Dallas, May 2000. Title: Hydrodynamic-like traffic flow models based on the Prigogine-Herman nonlinear kinetic equation of vehicular traffic
· Case Western Reserve Univ., dept of math., invited speaker, Oct. 2009.
· American Institute of Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) meeting, Invited Contribution, Arlington, TX, May 18-21, 2008.
· SIAM conference on analysis of partial differential equations, Costa Mesa, AZ, Dec. 10-12, 2007. Invited speaker to mini-symposium on Kinetic theory and interacting particle systems, Title “Treatment of multi-scale hybrid deterministic/stochastic coupled systems”.
· SIAM/ICIAM July 2007, Zurich, Swicherland.
· SIAM annual meeting, Boston, July, 2006. Title: “Stochastic Modeling of Traffic Flow”
· HYKE-CFL Conference on Complex Flows, “Analytical and Numerical Methods for Kinetic and Hydrodynamic Equations”. Universitat Automata de Barcelona, Ballaterra, Spain, Oct. 2004.
· SIAM annual meeting, July 9-13 2001. Title: Unstable Traffic Flow Derivations
· AMS annual meeting, Jan. 2001. Title: Aspects of Solutions for the Prigogine-Herman Kinetic Equation of Vehicular Traffic
· 9th International Congress on Computational and Applied Math., Leuven, Belgium, July 2000. Title: On Fully Discrete Schemes for the Fermi Pencil-Beam Equation
· SIAM annual meeting, Puerto Rico, May 2000. Title: Existence and Uniqueness of a Local (in Time) Solution for the Prigogine-Herman Kinetic Equation of Vehicular Traffic
· AMS meeting Austin, Texas, Oct. 1999 (with P. Nelson). Title: Novel Results in the Kinetic Theory of Vehicular Traffic
· 16th International Conference on Transport Theory, Atlanta, May. 1999 Title: Resent Results on the Kinetic Theory of Vehicular Traffic (with P. Nelson)
· Poster Title: Further Results on the Kinetic Theory of the Prigogine-Herman Kinetic Equation of Vehicular Traffic.(with P. Nelson)
· SIAM annual meeting, Atlanta, Georgia, May, 1999. Title: Deriving Hydrodynamic-like Equations Of Vehicular Traffic From Chapman - Enskog Asymptotic Expansions