9201 University City Blvd ● Charlotte, NC 28223-0001 ● 15107345375 ● firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Noise driven behavior and evolving phenomena in hybrid systems: effects of look-ahead advection, with M.A. Katsoulakis and A.J. Majda to appear.
2. Modeling highway traffic with stochastic dynamics, with (my undergraduate student) T. Alperovich, J.Stat.Phys, 133: 1083-1105, (2008).
3. Convergence of hp-finite element schemes for Vlasov--Poisson--Fokker--Planck system, with M. Asadzadeh, 8(17), Mathematical Models and Methods in Applied Sciences, 08(17), pg. 1159-1182, 2007, (2007).
4. Stochastic modeling and simulation of multi-lane traffic, with N. Dundon, Transportation and Traffic Theory, pp. 661-691, (2006).
5. Prototype hybrid couplings of macroscopic deterministic models and microscopic stochastic lattice dynamics, with M.A. Katsoulakis and A.J.Majda, AMS Contemporary Mathematics, 429, pp. 143-187, 2007.
6. Intermittency, matastability and coarse graining for coupled deterministic-stochastic lattice systems, with M.A. Katsoulakis and A.J. Majda, Nonlinearity, 19 (2006), pp. 1-27.
7. Multiscale couplings in prototype hybrid deterministic/stochastic systems: Part II, stochastic closures, with M.A. Katsoulakis and A.J. Majda, Communications in Mathematical Sciences, 3, No. 3, (2005), pp. 453-478.
8. A nodal method for absorption - diffusion problems, with M. Asadzadeh, Applied and Computational Mathematics, 5, No. 1 (2006).
9. Error analysis of coarse-graining for stochastic lattice dynamics, with M.A.Katsoulakis and P.Plechac, SIAM J. on Numerical Analysis, to appear, 2006.
10. Stochastic modeling and simulation of traffic flow: ASEP with Arrhenius look-ahead dynamics, with M.A. Katsoulakis SIAM J. on Applied Mathematics, 66, No. 3, (2006), pp. 921-944.
11. Multiscale couplings in prototype hybrid deterministic/stochastic systems: Part I, deterministic closures, with M.A.Katsoulakis and A.J.Majda, Communications in Mathematical Sciences, 2, No. 2, (2004), pp. 255--294.
12. Stochastic noise approach to traffic flow modeling, Physica A, 342, No. 3-4, (2004), pp. 741-754.
13. Formal asymptotic models of vehicular traffic. Model closures, SIAM Journal on Applied Mathematics, 63, No. 5 (2003), pp. 1561--1584. (Based on a portion of dissertation.)
14. Unstable flow theory and modeling, Mathematical and Computer Modelling, 35 (2002), pp. 623-641. (Based on a portion of dissertation)
15. On Fully Discrete Schemes for the Fermi Pencil-Beam Equation, with M. Asadzadeh, Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering 191, (2002), pp. 4641-4659.
16. The Prigogine-Herman kinetic model predicts widely scattered traffic flow data at high concentrations, with P. Nelson, Transportation Research B, 32, No. 8 (1998), pp. 589-604. (Transportation Research B is widely considered a leading journal in the area of the theory of vehicular traffic flow)
17. The Chapman-Enskog Expansion: A Novel Approach To Hierarchical Extension Of Lighthill - Whitham Models, (with P. Nelson), in Transportation and Traffic Theory: Proceedings of the 14th International Symposium, A. Ceder (ed.), Pergamon, 1999, pp. 51-79.
18. The Generalized Bimodal Traffic Stream Model and Two Regime Flow Theory, (with P. Nelson and D.D. Bui), in Transportation and Traffic Theory: Proceedings of the 13th International Symposium, J.B. Lesort, (ed.), Pergamon, 1996, pp. 679-696.
Note: The above are invited papers, in the sense that the travel expenses of the presenting author are paid by the Organizing Committee.
· Developments in the theory of the Prigogine-Herman kinetic equation of vehicular traffic, Department of Mathematics, advisor Paul Nelson, May 2000.
1. Error control and analysis in coarse-graining of stochastic lattice dynamics, with M.A.Katsoulakis and P.Plechac, 2005, arXiv.org: math/0509228.
2. Convergence of hp-finite element schemes for Vlasov--Poisson--Fokker--Planck system, with M. Asadzadeh. Preprint 2003:50, Department of Mathematics, Chalmers, Goteborg.
3. On Fully Discrete Schemes for the Fermi Pencil-Beam Equation, with M. Asadzadeh. Preprint 2000:48, Department of Mathematics, Chalmers, Goteborg.
4. A Novel Traffic Stream Model Deriving from a Bimodal Kinetic Equilibrium, (with P. Nelson and D.D. Bui), 8th IFAC (International Federation of Automatic Control) Symposium on Transportation Systems, M. Papageorgiou and A. Pouliezos, (eds.), Crete, Greece, 1997, pp. 799-804.
5. Allen G.D. , Pitt, Jr W.W. , Sopasakis A.," Accounting for Boundary Layer Effects in the Modelling of Leaching from Monolithic Waste Forms," Texas-Mexico II Workshop on Numerical Particle Transport, College Station, Sept 1992.